About XMU
History

Founded inJan. 1st,1951 and located at No. 42 Xu Shimiao Street of Xian,Xian Medical University was originally known as the Shaanxi Vocational School of Health and Technology.

 

Nov. 11th,1951, renamed as the First Shaanxi Provincial School of Health.

Dec., 1954, moved to No. 1 Middle Ling Yuan Road (Han Guang Campus).

 

Feb.,1959, changed into Shaanxi Provincial Institute of Health for Advanced Study.And the First Shaanxi Provincial School of Health turned to be the Shaanxi Provincial Xian School of Health.

 

Dec.,1966, renamed again as Shaanxi Provincial Peoples School of Health.

Dec. 24th, 1966,stopped the enrollment of students.

 

July,1979, renamed as Shaanxi Provincial School of Health.

 

Aug.,1980, the Shaanxi Provincial Institute of Health for Advanced Study resumed.

 

Feb.,1988, turned to be the Shaanxi Provincial Institute of Health.

 

Feb.,1994, reconstructed as the Shaanxi Medical College with the combination of the Shaanxi Provincial School of Health and the Shaanxi Provincial Institute of Health.

 

Feb., 2006, promoted to be the Xian Medical University.

Work with us

Address:No.1 Xinwang Rd.,Weiyang Dist.,Xi'an, P.R.C

Telephone: +86 29 86177361 Fax:+86 29 86177362